Health Certificates

To get a health certificate, you’ll need a current negative coggins test and a brand inspection. We can do that for you at the appointment or we can accept a coggins from your previous vet. Some states only require a coggins done within the last 12 months, but some require one to be done within the last six months. For more information about the state you’re looking to travel to, please visit

All international travel will need a coggins test done within 6 months.

Our vets are also certified brand inspectors, we are able to do one-way, annual, or lifetime brands. Please contact the office with any questions about which is right for you. You must have proof of ownership at the time of the appointment for any brand inspections. Valid proof of ownership includes; A bill of sale or registration with both the owner’s and the horse’s name on it.

The port of crossing is required information for international health certificates.

Our practice regularly reviews shipping requirements for all species. Whether you are selling and shipping or traveling to a show we can make sure you have all the documents needed to transport your animals without delay. Interstate health certificates, international health certificates, passports, and brand inspections are available.